Last updated: 2nd August 2020
Purchasing a new bicycle becomes confusing when you have to pick from hundreds of options available in the market. You should consider some important factors like the purpose of buying, comfort, price before buying a bicycle. We will discuss all the factors at the end of this article.
Right now, you can go through our list of 11 best bicycles in India to make an informed decision. If you don’t’ have much time to go through the whole article just check out our Top 3 picks –
- Best Bicycle Brands in India 2020
- Best Bicycles In India 2020
- Best Bicycle In India Under 10000
- Best Electric Bicycle In India
- Best Bicycle In India Under 5000
- Best Hybrid Bicycle In India 2020
- Best Bicycle In India For Adults
- Best Bicycle In India Under 15000
- Best Bicycle Under 20000 In India 2020
- How to Buy Best Bicycles 2020
- Safe Riding Technique – Bicycle
- Physical Aspects Of Safe Riding
Best Bicycle Brands in India 2020
Hero needs no introduction as it is the largest cycle manufacturer in India (in the world also) which produces different cycle products like Mountain bike, regular bicycle, bicycles with gears, racing hawk bicycles as per the customer requirements. Hero cycles also export bicycles to over 70 countries.
Established in 1972, Cosmic cycles offer premium bicycles designed for professionals with superior quality and latest features. Cosmic has drastically increased its market share in the last couple of years.
Atlas is another big name in the cycle industry which is famous for manufacturing durable products at low cost.
Frog is an Indian startup that creates superb quality cycles for men, women and kids. Their unique feature is they provide lifetime warranty on their products.
#5. Hercules and Montra
Both Hercules and Montra cycles brands are manufactured by TI Industries Ltd, is a part of the Murugappa Group company. Montra manufactures performance-oriented bicycles while Hercules makes mid-range and affordable cycles.
Best Bicycles In India 2020
#1. Cosmic Flamingo 26T 21-Speed MTB Bicycle
Flamingo 26T bicycle has Shimano EF51 brakes that are highly accurate and long-lasting disc brakes. You also get vibrant colors to match your perference.
- The first thing that one needs to know about this particular bicycle is that it has the softest grip that a bicycle could have.
- Along with the soft grips, this one has a very comfortable and stylish pedal designing that could let a person do the leg extension when he is riding it.
- It contains Shimano EF51 brakes. With this, it is very easy to access the brakes.
- Apart from the soft grip and pedals, this bicycle has a very comfortable seat.
#2. Frog Jaguar 29 Inches 21 Speed Front Suspension Dual Disc Brake Bike
This premium bike is sturdy and has a 19 inches frame that makes it ideal for a small height as well. Front suspension is good for offroading and 21 transmission set gives you full control depending upon the road condition.
Frog jaguar is lightweight that makes it ideal for beginners as well. You can use this cycle easily if you are below 5.7″
- 21-speed transmission for high performance
- Amazing graphics and looks
- The frame of this cycle is made up of steel and the size of the frame is 18.5 inches.
- The weight of this product is 14 KGs.
You would like to read – best exercise bike/cycle in India
Best Bicycle In India Under 10000
#3. Hero Sprint RX1 26T Single Speed Road Cycle (Red/Black)
Big 26 inches tyres are good enough to handle off roading. You also get a 17.5 steel frame which makes it sturdy and long lasting but not good for people above 5’5″ height.
Vibrant graphics ensure to give a sporty look.
- The frame material of this cycle is made up of steel
- One who will ride this cycle has to be 5 or 5.5 inches height
- It contains both the rear and front suspension
#4. Kross Bolt 26T Single Speed Black Sports Bicycle
26 inches thick tyres make the ride smooth while going through bumpy roads or rough terrains. Since it comes with a flat handle bar, it has great handling as mountian bike.
- 18 inches frame size
- It comes with a comfy seat
- 26 thick tyres for smooth ride
- Stainless steel robust frame
Best Electric Bicycle In India
#5. Lectro Kinza 27T Single Speed Electric Cycle
If you are worried about petrol bliss and really need a bicycle with a facility to run without pedals, then Lectro Kinza 27T single speed electric cycle is for you.
You can pedal as much as you can and then glide at as max as 25 Kmph. You can cover a total distance range between 25 Kms (in full throttle) to 40 Kms in a single charge.
The bicycle has 4 versatile riding modes – pedal (no motor), pedal-assist (assistance up to 80% effort level), throttle and cruise (constant speed) modes.
- 250 watt integrated electric motor
- Waterproof battery contains 5.8 AH BAK cells.
- 4 riding modes
Best Bicycle In India Under 5000
#6. Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike
If your height is below 5.8 inches and looking for a solid, premium looking bike in a budget of Rs. 5,000, then Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike is a perfect fit.
You get a solid steel chassis with v-shaped brakes to offer highly efficient braking that will last longer.
Comfortable broad seat and 26T tyres make it ideal for long rides.
- 18-inch steel chassis
- 26T bigger tyres
- Allen Key & Spanner provided in box for installation
- Comfortable handle for longer rides
- V-shaped efficient brakes
Best Hybrid Bicycle In India 2020
#7. Montra Helicon Disc 27.5T 21 Speed Super Cycle
If you are planning to buy a hybrid bicycle that will cater to your normal rides as well as mountain rides, then this is the one should go for.
The aluminum alloy frame makes it lightweight and durable to go off-road without any worries. 21-transmission set allows you comfortably ride at different speeds across varying terrains.
Rear and front disc brakes gives you super control over your cycle.
- It comes in a semi-assembled condition
- 21-set transmission
- The rear and front brakes of this cycle are disc type
Best Bicycle In India For Adults
#8. Hero Ranger DTB Steel Single Speed Mountain Bike, Adult 26T (Black/Green)
You also get a rear middle suspension for longer, pleasant off-roading.
Ranger DTB also has a carrier stand in the back that is helpful to carry daily needs from the nearby store.
Let us have a look at the features of this bicycle.
- The frame of this bicycle is very sturdy
- The handlebars of this cycle are very comfortable for wrist and arms.
- Rear suspension.
#9. Cosmic Trium 27.5T 21-Speed MTB Bicycle
The frame is super sturdy that makes it highly durable to last years.
You get front and rear brakes for the safety and it also has a bottle stand to carry water or energy drink if you are cycling for longer sessions.
- The seat of this particular bicycle is adjustable. One could adjust and fit it in the way they want.
- 17 inches frame made of steel
- The brakes that it contains are V type. It contains two brakes, rear, and front.
- Rubber pedals are of superior quality
Best Bicycle In India Under 15000
#10.Hercules Roadeo Hank 26T 21 Speed Premium Geared Cycle
Dual disc brakes are good enough to let you stop your cycle instantly to avoid any mishap.
The solid stainless steel body makes it durable for upcoming years.
If you are looking for you child of age 11-15 years, this is a perfect option for you to bring home.
- 21-speed easy fire thumb shifters from Shimano
- Tyre size is 26 inches and the frame size is 17 inches.
- Both the front and rear disc brakes
- Front suspension
Best Bicycle Under 20000 In India 2020
#11. Cosmic Eldorado 1.0L 21 Speed Edition MTB Bicycle
21-transmission gear set is controlled by 3×7 speed Shimano EF-51 shifters which are of superb quality.
30 kg weight of this cycle makes it heavy and ideal for offroading as well. You get dual front and rear disc brakes for optimum safety.
You can go with this cycle if your height is around 5’5″ to 5’8″.
- This cycle has got a steel frame and alloy wheels that ensure durability.
- 3×7 speed Shimano EF-51 shifters
- The weight of this cycle is 30 KGs and the frame size is 18-19 inches.
How to Buy Best Bicycles 2020
First of all, you should know the purpose of why you need a bicycle.
If you are buying one, just for fitness purposes, then you should not buy a heavy cycle. It should be light in weight.
If you are buying the cycle to ride in a hilly area and narrow pavements, then the cycle should the tires compatible on that particular road.
For comfort, you need to check a few of the things.
- Size of cycle matches with your height
- The first thing is the grips, which are there.
- The second thing is the seat that has been placed.
- Suspensions (if you are going for a premium bike)
You should find a cycle that is durable so that it can last for years. Try to find a stainless steel if you are going for a heavy cycle. But if you are looking for a training cycle, then go for lightweight cycles mad eof aluminium alloy or carbon (depending upon your budget).
Brand matters a lot. Before you go and buy a bicycle for yourself, do a little research about the brands that are good. With popular brands you get quality product and their after sales service is also remarkable.
The price of the bicycle is again a very important thing that one should consider. Once you know the purpose of buying a bicycle, then try to find maximum features in your price range.
Safe Riding Technique – Bicycle
Safe riding is how you respond to challenges that come across you while you’re riding on the road or off the road. Safe riding is not just about wearing a helmet. It is how you approach your daily ride, your preparation, and your persistence.
Some factors important for establishing a safe riding technique are given below:
- Riding in control is important to your safety and those of others using the same mountain trail. You lose control when you ride recklessly.
- Safety equipment is a must. Helmets are very important to your survival as they absorb most of the shock on impact.
- Don’t be a hero. If you feel uncomfortable while tackling a particular section of your chosen mountain trail, walk it, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Keep your speed in check. Riding at a high speed will cause you to lose control of your bike, which may lead to injuries. It is also important to remember that you lose your ability to spot obstacles when you’re traveling at a high speed.
- Slow down while negotiating corners. It is impossible to understand what, or who is around the corner, so it is better to slow down while you’re handling corners instead of simply being careless.
Physical Aspects Of Safe Riding
The physical aspect like bicycle size, accessories, tuning are important for the biker. If there is something wrong with the way your bike is configured or tuned, you could end up in a crash and injure yourself badly. Here are some physical aspects of safe riding that are very important for your safety:
- Right size – If your bike size is wrong, you can lose control of your bicycle and injure yourself badly. Read the bike manual carefully to get the correct bicycle size.
- Height of cycle – Is the saddle and seat post secured? Are the stem and handlebar of the correct height for you? These questions are very important when it comes to your safety. Make sure they’re addressed before you start hitting the mountain trails.
- Suspension – Bicycle suspension improves the quality of your ride by absorbing shocks to the front and rear wheels. Read the bicycle suspension manufacturer manual to understand how to get the best out of your bicycle.
- Follow safety regulations – Observe and follow bike regulations, local laws, traffic rules and regulations, safety regulations, speed limits made for your safety.
- Precautions – Wear shoes that grip bicycle pedals properly and do not slip. Shoelaces should not be loose as they might get caught in moving parts of the bike and cause accidents. Don’t wear loose flowing clothes that get caught and cause you to lose control over your bicycle. Always wear helmet, knee, arm and elbow caps to protect against any sudden fall.
If you need an overall best bicycle for you kid, then go for Frog Jaguar 29 Inches 21 Speed Front Suspension because of its lightweight and lifetime warranty.
If you need a budget cycle with premium features then buy Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike.
If you want an electric cycle, then go for Lectro Kinza 27T Single Speed Electric Cycle to enjoy the glide along with pedal support.