Air purifiers remove from the air inside your home or office particles that build up over time: dust, smoke, hair, pollen and so on. As a result, you can breathe easier. And if you suffer from allergies, you’ll find your condition won’t be inflamed when you return home.There are a few different kinds of filters that air purifiers can come equipped with. One is called an ULPA filter; ULPA stands for Ultra-Low Penetration Air.
ULPA filters are adept at removing from the air smaller particles, such as bacteria, viruses or microscopic molds. These smaller particles are sometimes called ultrafine particles, and they’re smaller than 0.3 microns. Ultrafine particles can be virtually impossible to eliminate through any means other than an air purifying device, and they can make up an astounding nine out of every ten particles within the air inside your home.
On the other hand, the major air quality problems in some homes are larger particles, particles measuring more than 0.3 microns in size. In that case, the best solution is a HEPA filter – or High Efficiency Particulate Air filter. HEPA filters can remove 99.97% or more of these larger particles.
Then there’s the carbon filter, ideal for homes that often smell like cooking food or smoke. The carbon filter (or charcoal filter) eliminates smoke and charcoal particles. Some home air purifiers, by the way, contain carbon filters and ULPA or HEPA filters.
- 1 Top 10 Best Air Purifiers in India 2019
- 1.1 1.Philips AC2887/20 2000 Series AeraSense Air Purifier
- 1.2 2.Mi Air Purifier 2S Air Purifier
- 1.3 3.Airspa Hepa Air Purifier
- 1.4 4.Dyson TP04 Pure Cool Air Purifier
- 1.5 5.Philips AC3256/20 3000 Series Air Purifier
- 1.6 6.Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier
- 1.7 7.Philips AC1215/20 1000 Series Air Purifier
- 1.8 8.Honeywell HAC25M1201W Air Purifier>
- 1.9 9.Sharp Fu-A80E Air Purifier
- 1.10 10.Philips AC2882/20 2000 Series Air Purifier
- 2 Types of Air Purifiers
- 3 What to Look For When Buying the Right Air Purifier ?
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers in India 2019
- Removes bacteria & virus upto 99.9%
- CADR : 333 m3/hr
- Real time pm 2.5 area sensing technology
- Low noise during sleep mode
It is the best one to use it in large and medium rooms. It has 441 square feet/ 41 square Meters, which will be ideal to put it in your living room or bedroom. It includes a manual where you can read the instructions.
- It is worth buying and is good for health.
- You can breathe fresh air.
- It is very cheap.
- It makes a loud noise.
- There is a weird smell while turning on the machine.
- Removes harmul ultra fine particles ( PM 2.5) in just 10 minutes
- It has 3 stages of filtration and 3 different modes of operation ( auto, sleep & favourite)
- OLED diplsay shows real time AQI, humidity levels & temperature
- Energy efficient
The Mi Air Purifier 2S uses PET primary filter and Ultra-dense EPA to provide the purest air to breathe. The power-rated filter is 29 watts having frequency of 50 / 60Hz.It has real-time OLED display which displays temperature, humidity and air quality index (AQI).
It has 3 layers of filtration, thus removing harmful PM2.5 and providing clean air. It has a clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 310m 3 /hr which takes a coverage area of 400sq. ft. You can control this smart purifier with your voice through Alexa devices.
- Easy to install and operate from your smart-phone.
- Impressive CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 310m 3 /hr
- Manual mode is a bit noisy.
- Need to change the filter after every 2-3 months.
- Comes with UV and Anion Mode and Odor sensor
- Comes with 6 stage filtration system
- Noise: 18 dB
- Comes with a digital display and washable filters
It consists of High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filters along with 5 more unique filtration stages. It has an air clean delivery rate of 180M³/hr covering the area up to 350 Sq. Ft. It is suitable to be placed in the room and drawing room. It is featured with a tacky digital display and easy to use remote-controlled modes and wind adjustment buttons.
Additionally, there are smart UV sensors neutralize microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. It reduces dust and odor within few minutes using its carbon activated filter and Nano cold catalyst filter.
- Its 6-unique filter and odor sensor provides quality air and makes breathing easier.
- It is robust yet easy to clean.
- It cannot be controlled with your smart phone.
- Automatically monitors & reports levels of air quality
- Comes with 360° glass HEPA filter & tris Impregnated activated carbon filter
- It has patented air MultiplierTM technology for projecting 360 Ltrs of purified air
- Low energy consumption
It has a 360-degree vacuum sealed high efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA) along with activated carbon filter. It uses air multiplier technology delivering powerful airflow over 360 liters per second throughout the entire room.
It is made with the highest precision to remove 99.95% of harmful ultrafine contaminants and allergens as minute as PM 0.1. It can cover medium to large rooms with a coverage area of up to 600 sq. ft. It is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled. The purifier is completely automatic with real-time LCD display and Dyson link app.
- It is certified as Asthma & Allergy Friendly by Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Completely automatic and can be controlled using your smartphone.
- The price is towards the more expensive side.
- Covers area upto 818 sq. ft. / 76 sq. mtrs
- Real time pm 2.5 area sensing technology
- Removes virus and bacteria upto 99%
- Comes with child lock safety feature
This room purifier uses a purification strategy of High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) channel type. Its inclusion zone is 818 sq. ft, which is particularly reasonable for room/lounge room (expansive).
It is capable of preventing contamination of air inside the room, thus producing a healthy environment. It has a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 376 m 3 /hr. It has to be mentioned in this respect that CADR shows the volume of filtered air (in cubic meters) which an air purifier creates every hour.
- Excellent purifier.
- It is very economical with respect to the filter cost.
- The coverage area seems to be far lesser than the desired limits.
- The PM levels do not drop below the desired level at night when the purifier is at low fan speed.
- Eliminate allergens upto 99.95% and pollutants (0.1 Microns)
- Allergy & Asthma friendly
- Covers large area upto 600 sq.ft
- Easy to clean and Energy efficient
It instantly senses and reports air quality steps (PM 2.5, PM 10, VOC, NO2 and in general AQI) on the LCD screen and Dyson Link App. It is one of those rare purifiers to report all of these independently. It allows you to observe an unmistakable distinction from before with respect to the odor and the air quality.
- Looks cool.
- Smooth flow of air.
- It is a little-sized filter
- Only a portion of the airflow is purified
- Low cosumption of energy
- It has general, allergen & night sense modes
- Removes allergens upto 99.97% & ultra-fine particles
- Color display with touch panel
This air purifier uses high-efficiency particulate arrestant (HEPA) channel type strategy. The Inclusion region is an area of 677 sq. ft. /63 sq. mt, particularly reasonable for rooms.
It has a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 270 m3/hr. It allows you to keep the air in your room new and the sound least so that you can appreciate a decent sleep throughout the night, breathing clean air that is free of germs and allergens.
- It can clean a big room which can size is up to 61square-meters.
- It has a night sensor mode.
- Its special automatic purification mode effectively removes dust.
- It is expensive with respect to its work.
- It is not much Durable.
- Covers area upto 323 sq. ft. / 30 sq. mtrs
- CADR : 250 m3/hr;
- Comes with advance filtration system
- Removes allergens upto 99% and ultra fine particles above 0.3 microns
The purifier is made of plastic and is suited for every room type. The filter type is HEPA and it works on the principle of activated carbon. The area of coverage is 323sq.ft. The power requirement for the filter is 220V and it consumes 53W. It has the LED display feature and a filter change indicator which is helpful.
The purifier has been recommended by the Indian medical academy for preventive health. It has been certified with silver A design and is suited or typical Indian homes. Available on any e-commerce website, it is the best choice for your home yet a silent solution.
- It has 3-speed settings.
- Lacks automatic shutoff feature.
- Reduces ultra fine particles from pm 2.5 to zero mcg/m3
- Odour and infections are removed by Plasmacluster Ion Technology
- it has dust sensor for monitoring air quality and auto restart function
- Low noise and comsumes less power
Supported by high-efficiency particulate arrestor, the dust collection is featured with pre-filter. The clean area delivery rate for the filter is 600 sq. ft. The ionizer purifies the air by creating negative ions which gets discharged in the air.
It has the air quality indicator and will update any requirement of filter change. It has the automatic mode of purifying with purification rate of 480m3/hr. It is best-suited for home use. The plasma cluster ion technology removes odour or any possibility of infection.
- It is light-weight and portable
- Does not support Wi-Fi connectivity
- Coverage area upto 409 sq. ft. / 38 sq. mtrs
- Suitable for large sized room
- Removes ultra fine particles as small as 0.02 microns
- Removes bacteria and virus upto 99.9%
This air purifier has pre-filter and HEPA filter technology to filter odour, bacteria or any possible virus sign. With air clean delivery rate of 333m 3 /hr, it takes a coverage area of 851sq. mt.
It makes no noise while cleaning and has 3 turbo fan variations. The plastic body is scratch-proof. It can also filter out smell of cigarette or formaldehyde. It comes with a smart light control features to enhance your sleeping experience.
- It is fully automatic and comes with an air quality sensor
- It lacks wheels for movement.
- With power consumption of 60V and power requirement of 220W, it is one of the best-rated
purifiers in the market.
Types of Air Purifiers
- Mechanical Air Purifiers: mechanical ir purifiers simply work by sucking particles from the air.
- Electrostatic Air Purifiers: Electrostatic air purifiers contain filters which are statically-charged, and agents in the air will adhere to these filters.
- Ion Air Purifiers: Ion air purifiers likewise use charged filters to trap particles, but these filters act by creating ions with negative charges that attract the positively-charged ends of floating particles.
What to Look For When Buying the Right Air Purifier ?
Air purifiers come in many varieties, but the best of them share certain qualities. At the top of this list is that they’re able to clean whatever volume of air is necessary, no matter how big a room is, and that they can work fast, cleaning all the air within a single room several times every single hour.
- ACR or AER:
The number of times that a purifier can filter the air in a certain room in its entirety within one hour is known as either the air change rate (ACR) or, less commonly, the air efficiency rate (AER). Look for an air change rate of six, or even higher if possible.
Unless all the air in a room is constantly being cleansed of its potentially harmful microscopic materials, you run the risk of breathing in those materials and letting them into your lungs.’
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
The clean air delivery rate, or CADR, is another crucial metric to take note of when it’s time for you to choose a purifier. The clean air delivery rate tells you how much air a purifier can handle – that is, how much air it can effectively clean. Air purifiers should offer a clean air delivery rate that’s equal to two-thirds of the total area, in square feet, of the room in which the purifier will be installed.
So, imagine you’re planning on putting a purifier in your living room, and your living room measures 30 feet by 30 feet (just to make the math easier here). In that case, the total area of your living room is 900 square feet, so you would want an air purifier with a CADR of 2/3 of 900, or 600.
There are secondary considerations that are also important when it comes to deciding which purifier to buy. For one, a room purifier should work quietly; people soon tire of purifiers that distract them with unnecessary noise.
The good news is that most air purifiers are fairly quiet, especially when compared to many of the other devices and gadgets you probably already have around the house. A store representative should be able to tell you how loud, in decibels, a given purifier is when it’s at work.
Good air purifiers are also easy to clean. Many you can simply scrub by hand from time to time – a simple process. Also, the best of these don’t require you to change their filters all the time. (The costs of frequent filter changes can really add up quickly).
You’ll want an energy-efficient air purifier as well, so you won’t have to pay any more on your electric bill than you have to each month. If a purifier comes with an Energy Star, you’ll know it’s adept at conserving power.
Finally, the best air purifiers provide something that isn’t tangible and that you can’t quantify, and that’s a better quality of life. Many people who suffer from a respiratory disorder, even something as mild as seasonal allergies, can find themselves trying to relax at home but feeling lousy because their nasal passages are blocked. They sneeze and wheeze and just feel more sluggish than they ought to.
Yet once a purifier has been put to work cleaning the allergens and toxic particles from the air in a room, many people with such conditions feel much healthier. They get all the oxygen they need to, they feel much more energetic, and they can taste food and smell aromas far more effectively than they’ve been able to in a long time. It’s this kind of improvement that makes a purifier a treasured addition to so many homes.