As it is known to us all, proteins are extremely important to our health. The protein is composed of amino acids which are also called “the building blocks of protein”. And amino acids are made out of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and sulfur.
As nutrients required by the human body for growth and maintenance, proteins are the most abundant kind of molecules in the body aside from water. Both food and supplements are necessary to achieve a complete nutritional balance as well as the desired level of protein intake.
For those who are awarded of the importance of protein but fail to afford the time it takes to get all kinds of nutrients needed from varieties of food, protein powder is a must! Whether you are a lady working hard to lose weight but feeling really bad about your dull diet or someone dreaming of having handsome body frame with mass muscle, protein powder is of great benefit!
There are literally hundreds of protein powders on the market, but we have narrowed it down to the top 10 protein powders for your benefit.
- 1 Top 10 Best protein powders in India 2019
- 1.0.1 1.MuscleBlaze 100% Whey Protein – 4 kg/ 8.8 lb (rich milk chocolate)
- 1.0.2 2.MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate – 2 Kg / 4.4 lb (Rich Milk Chocolate)
- 1.0.3 3.Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein (Chocolate Creme, 5.28 lbs)
- 1.0.4 4.MuscleTech Premium Whey Protein Plus (Deluxe Chocolate, 5 lbs)
- 1.0.5 5.Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder (Double Rich Chocolate, 5 lbs, 2.27 kg)
- 1.0.6 6.Muscleblaze 100% Whey Protein Supplement Powder (Rich Milk Chocolate, 2 kg, 60 servings)
- 1.0.7 7.Legion (5lb) Whey+ Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- 1.0.8 8.Cookies & Cream , 30 Svgs : Legion Whey+ Cookies & Cream Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- 1.0.9 9.Musclepharm Combat 100% Whey (Chocolate, 2.27 kg)
- 1.0.10 10.Isopure Zero Carb 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder (Strawberries & Cream, 3 lbs, 1.36 kg)
- 2 How To Choose The Best Protein Powder For You?
- 3 Benefits of Protein Powders ?
- 4 Summary
Top 10 Best protein powders in India 2019
As we all know that proteins are really helpful in solving our weight-related issues. If you go to a gym also, the trainer will recommend some kind of whey protein.
It is good if you want to lose some weight and even helps you in gaining muscles, but selecting one for yourself is a difficult job.
Therefore, we have reviewed 10 protein powders for you that are best in the market now a day. Here is the complete list of protein powders that one should consider buying.
- It contains 25g protein and 5.5 g BCAA per serving and is considered as one of the best protein supplement powders.
- It is manufactured with the whey that comes from the USA and therefore contains the protein quality that is of international standards.
- Along with the whey protein, this supplement has digestive enzymes which make it even a better option.
- Comes in a subtle packaging.
- Contains digestive enzymes too, which is an added benefit.
- It stands on an expensive side.
- It contains 25g protein per 30 g serving.
- It comes in the box with a dimension of 20 x 20 x 28 cm; 2kg.
- Bestseller ranking of this product is 424.
- Contains 5.5g bcaa, 1.65g carb and 0.46 g fats per serving.
- It contains just 1.6g carb and 0.46 g fats per serving.
- It is manufactured from the whey that comes from the USA.
- It has a guaranteed protein certificate from a 3 rd party lab and this makes it even more trustworthy.
- It is a bit expensive.
- This product is good for both muscle gain and weight loss.
- This will help you in coping with the weakness that one feels several times after the workout sessions.
- The dimension of the box in which it comes is 15.2 x 12.7 x 10.2 cm, 2.27 kg.
- The bestseller ranking of this product is 89.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- It contains 6 grams of BCAAs.
- It acts as an antioxidant and thus improves the immune system of the body.
- Improvements required with the packaging of the product.
- One of the best whey proteins for recovery and muscle growth.
- The flavor of this product is chocolate.
- To get the best results one should mix 1-2 servings with 120 to 250 ml water or skim milk and should drink it in between two meals or two heavy exercise sessions.
- Comes in the category of one of the best whey proteins for muscle growth.
- It also increases the strength and helps in enhancing the performance in sports.
- One of the best things one can take post workout.
- Not everyone will like the taste of this product.
5.Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder (Double Rich Chocolate, 5 lbs, 2.27 kg)
- The product contains about 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving.
- To get the best results out of it, one should take this first in the morning.
- One can also take it before and after the exercise.
- It contains an amino acid that is said to be the building block of muscles.
- The product is completely vegetarian.
- The bestseller rank of this product is 57.
- It is sometimes difficult to consume and digest.
- This product contains 25g protein, 5.6g BCAA, and 4.4 g glutamic acid and thus is ideal for faster recovery and muscle growth.
- To get the best results in the case of muscle gain, one should mix 1 scoop of this product in 180 or 200 ml water and then can drink it.
- The best seller ranking of this product is 1045.
- Contains digestive enzymes.
- It contains whey protein isolate which is one of the major ingredients in these types of products.
- One with lactose intolerant should not have this as it contains milk.
- The product is ideal for weight loss and bodybuilding.
- It contains whey isolate protein powder that is made from grass-fed cows.
- Gluten free, Sugar-free, Lactose-free.
- Low in calorie and carbs.
- It is extra sweet in taste.
- This product is manufactured by Legion athletics which is one of the leading brands in the manufacturing of protein supplements.
- The product is good for weight loss.
- Low in carbs and calories.
- Does not contain gluten, sugar, and lactose.
- It is very sweet.
- It is low carb and high in protein product, ideal for muscle growth.
- It contains whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate and these two are considered as two of the best digestive products.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- Contains digestive enzymes.
- Gluten free.
- No artificial colour or dye.
- Can reduce water retention.
- The taste of this product is not so great.
- This product is ideal for muscle gain and recovery.
- Proper intake of this product can help you in reaching the required amount of protein.
- It contains 258 calories, 11 grams of fats, 28 grams of carbs and 19 grams of protein per servings.
- Best product for healing your muscles with the age growth.
- Contains 100% whey protein isolate which is the best digestive enzyme.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- It has no sealing inside the cap.
How To Choose The Best Protein Powder For You?
Protein powder is an important factor in your body-building and your weight loss program. Choosing the right protein can help you get quicker results and stay on track with your training.
Here are the 5 tricks that will help you choose the right protein powder for you:
1) Use Reliable Stores:
Begin your search at respectable big retailer who offers all the best makes and has competitive prices. This is how you’ll save money and get to the broadest selection of choices.
2) Choose the Protein Powder Type:
Decide what sort protein best works for you, or at least, get a good clue on the distinctions between the 4 most frequent varieties.
- Whey Protein
- Soy Protein
- Egg Protein
- Casein Protein
Protein powders can contain one kind of protein or can be a mix of kinds. Blends are turning into more and more common but 100% whey proteins are still the most
popular overall. If you’re not an athlete or focused on body-building, then don’t go crazy over this part, any protein powder nutrition will give you beneficial results.
4) How Will You Use Your Protein Powders:
Based on the principal reason why and what you want to use in your protein powder nutrition (protein supplement or meal re-placer) determine if you need a protein-only solution or you want other ingredients in your protein – for example: should you want to use the whey protein powder as meal re-placer, a good choice is to search also for vitamins, minerals, carbs and fats for a complete nutrition product.
5) Brands and Flavors for your Powders and Shakes:
Brands are important, but they are not “alone” in the decision making process. Basically, as long as you discover what sort of protein powder you need and what components you want in, you can choose any brand. A good strategy is to test a couple of brands, then settle for the one that you prefer.
As for flavors – choose the flavors you enjoy the most and rotate them with each purchase. This will help you stick to your diet for long term and will ease your bodybuilding/dieting road to success.
Always look at the labels for sweeteners (aspartame or fructose are not your best friends), and be careful to things like serving size and protein content. Search the highest protein content per serving, taking into balance variations in serving size.
6) Quality of Protein
The quality of protein in your protein powder is crucial. While some companies use high quality protein, others use subpar protein that will leave you with cramps, flatulence, and gastro-intestinal bloating. The quality of your protein will depend on the following factors: amino acid profile, protein yield, filler percentage, WPI:WPC ratio, mixability, ease of use, and digestibility.
7) Protein Yield
You cannot have a protein powder that is completely protein, but you should buy one that gives you a good yield of protein.
We would advise you to go with a protein powder that has 70%+ protein yield. This means that at least 70% of the total protein powder mass is protein. You can calculate the yield with the following formula: grams of protein per serving x 100/ serving size in grams.
8) Amino Acid Profile
The two classifications of amino acids present in your protein powder are BCAAs and EAAs- branched and essential amino acids. These important amino acids should be in good concentration in your protein powder.
9) Filler Percentage
Filler refers to all ingredients that are not protein or amino acids. The protein powder that you choose should be filtered, to minimize the percentage of filler that is present. E.g. a 0.02% filler percentage is perfect.
10) Final Verdict
Use the top 10 list and buying guide above to choose your final protein powder. All the choices given above are of high quality, and they all contain premium protein that will stimulate your lean muscle growth. Good luck to you on this journey!
Benefits of Protein Powders ?
For a person with a slim body built, gaining some weight and a having big muscles would be a problem. If you happen to be one of these people who have an extraordinarily fast rate of metabolism that you can’t gain much weight even if you are eating a lot, you need to look for other alternatives that can help you have a bigger body built. One of the means that you can try so that you can have bigger muscles would be by taking protein powder supplement.
It is already a fact that protein is one of the important nutrients that our body needs to develop muscles. Eating protein rich foods can be great for a body most especially if you want to have big muscles.
Your diet can contain meat products, eggs, peanuts, cheese, and milk, for these are the common foods that are high in protein. However, the problem for some people is that even if they eat these foods and even if they have a high intake of these foods, they still don’t get the body that they want to have.
Worse, what happens is that too much intake of these foods can even lead to some health risks like high blood pressure and heart attack. These can even make the body’s fat percentage to be higher than before most particularly if the person is not into any exercise.
If you want to avoid these health risks from too much consumption of foods that are rich in protein, you can try protein powder supplement so that you can have a richer source of protein other than these foods.
What is this protein supplement? This is not like any food that is rich in protein, for this is just like a powder drink that you can prepare. A protein supplement is usually in powder form, and this comes in different flavors.
You can consume this one by drinking a glass of this after a meal, and you can be guaranteed that you will be getting a huge amount of protein that is equivalent to eating three eggs without having the hazards of consuming any fats or cholesterol.
This is very easy to prepare that it won’t take a lengthy process just for you to take the protein that you need from this supplement. Basically, it’s just like drinking a huge serving a protein rich drink without fats or any other ingredients that would harm your body. After taking this supplement for about a couple of weeks, you can already feel that your body muscles are starting to get bigger than before.
With a protein powder supplement, you wouldn’t have to worry about coming up with a protein rich diet just to satisfy your body’s protein needs because this supplement already has enough protein content for a better body. You can try one now, and feel the difference that this can make to you, and you can already bid farewell to your slim physique in just a matter of weeks.
So, these were few of the protein products that one can give a try if they want to lose some weight or for the purpose of muscle gain. Each and every feature of the products is given so that the customer does not face any issue in buying them.