Protein powder is an important part of muscle building and strength. But finding the protein powder that works for you is not as easy as it seems. So many protein powder available in the market right now but only some of them really works and can be labelled as the best protein powder.
We all have different body type, so different person needs different kind of protein. If Gold standard whey protein works for your friend it doesn’t mean it will work for you. The right way to find out what works for you is to experiment different kinds of protein powder.
Here we give you the top protein powders available out there. Our criteria in finding the protein powder is taste, price, grams of protein and of course, if it works.
There are literally hundreds of protein powders on the market, but we have narrowed it down to the top 10 protein powders for your benefit.
- 1 Top 10 Best protein powders in India 2019
- 1.0.1 1.MuscleBlaze 100% Whey Protein – 4 kg/ 8.8 lb (rich milk chocolate)
- 1.0.2 2.MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate – 2 Kg / 4.4 lb (Rich Milk Chocolate)
- 1.0.3 3.Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein (Chocolate Creme, 5.28 lbs)
- 1.0.4 4.MuscleTech Premium Whey Protein Plus (Deluxe Chocolate, 5 lbs)
- 1.0.5 5.Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder (Double Rich Chocolate, 5 lbs, 2.27 kg)
- 1.0.6 6.Muscleblaze 100% Whey Protein Supplement Powder (Rich Milk Chocolate, 2 kg, 60 servings)
- 1.0.7 7.Legion (5lb) Whey+ Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- 1.0.8 8.Cookies & Cream , 30 Svgs : Legion Whey+ Cookies & Cream Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- 1.0.9 9.Musclepharm Combat 100% Whey (Chocolate, 2.27 kg)
- 1.0.10 10.Isopure Zero Carb 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder (Strawberries & Cream, 3 lbs, 1.36 kg)
- 2 Types of Protein Powder
- 2.0.1 What Can It Be Used For?
- 2.0.2 What are Some of the More Popular Casein Proteins?
- 2.0.3 What are Some of the Benefits of Egg Protein Powder?
- 2.0.4 What Are Some of the More Popular Egg Protein Powders?
- 2.0.5 What Are Some Advantages of Rice Protein?
- 2.0.6 How Should I Take It?
- 2.0.7 How Much Protein Can I Get From Rice?
- 2.0.8 What Are Some of the Most Popular Rice Protein Powder?
- 2.0.9 What Are Some of the Most Popular Soy Protein Powder?
- 2.0.10 What Can it be Used For?
- 2.0.11 Different Forms of Whey Protein
- 2.0.12 Are There Any Dangers or Side Effects to Using Whey Protein?
- 2.0.13 What Are Some of the Most Popular Whey Proteins?
- 3 How To Choose The Best Protein Powder For You?
- 4 Benefits of Protein Powders ?
- 5 Summary
Top 10 Best protein powders in India 2019
As we all know that proteins are really helpful in solving our weight-related issues. If you go to a gym also, the trainer will recommend some kind of whey protein.
It is good if you want to lose some weight and even helps you in gaining muscles, but selecting one for yourself is a difficult job.
Therefore, we have reviewed 10 protein powders for you that are best in the market now a day. Here is the complete list of protein powders that one should consider buying.
- It contains 25g protein and 5.5 g BCAA per serving and is considered as one of the best protein supplement powders.
- It is manufactured with the whey that comes from the USA and therefore contains the protein quality that is of international standards.
- Along with the whey protein, this supplement has digestive enzymes which make it even a better option.
- Comes in a subtle packaging.
- Contains digestive enzymes too, which is an added benefit.
- It stands on an expensive side.
- It contains 25g protein per 30 g serving.
- It comes in the box with a dimension of 20 x 20 x 28 cm; 2kg.
- Bestseller ranking of this product is 424.
- Contains 5.5g bcaa, 1.65g carb and 0.46 g fats per serving.
- It contains just 1.6g carb and 0.46 g fats per serving.
- It is manufactured from the whey that comes from the USA.
- It has a guaranteed protein certificate from a 3 rd party lab and this makes it even more trustworthy.
- It is a bit expensive.
- This product is good for both muscle gain and weight loss.
- This will help you in coping with the weakness that one feels several times after the workout sessions.
- The dimension of the box in which it comes is 15.2 x 12.7 x 10.2 cm, 2.27 kg.
- The bestseller ranking of this product is 89.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- It contains 6 grams of BCAAs.
- It acts as an antioxidant and thus improves the immune system of the body.
- Improvements required with the packaging of the product.
- One of the best whey proteins for recovery and muscle growth.
- The flavor of this product is chocolate.
- To get the best results one should mix 1-2 servings with 120 to 250 ml water or skim milk and should drink it in between two meals or two heavy exercise sessions.
- Comes in the category of one of the best whey proteins for muscle growth.
- It also increases the strength and helps in enhancing the performance in sports.
- One of the best things one can take post workout.
- Not everyone will like the taste of this product.
5.Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder (Double Rich Chocolate, 5 lbs, 2.27 kg)
- The product contains about 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving.
- To get the best results out of it, one should take this first in the morning.
- One can also take it before and after the exercise.
- It contains an amino acid that is said to be the building block of muscles.
- The product is completely vegetarian.
- The bestseller rank of this product is 57.
- It is sometimes difficult to consume and digest.
- This product contains 25g protein, 5.6g BCAA, and 4.4 g glutamic acid and thus is ideal for faster recovery and muscle growth.
- To get the best results in the case of muscle gain, one should mix 1 scoop of this product in 180 or 200 ml water and then can drink it.
- The best seller ranking of this product is 1045.
- Contains digestive enzymes.
- It contains whey protein isolate which is one of the major ingredients in these types of products.
- One with lactose intolerant should not have this as it contains milk.
- The product is ideal for weight loss and bodybuilding.
- It contains whey isolate protein powder that is made from grass-fed cows.
- Gluten free, Sugar-free, Lactose-free.
- Low in calorie and carbs.
- It is extra sweet in taste.
- This product is manufactured by Legion athletics which is one of the leading brands in the manufacturing of protein supplements.
- The product is good for weight loss.
- Low in carbs and calories.
- Does not contain gluten, sugar, and lactose.
- It is very sweet.
- It is low carb and high in protein product, ideal for muscle growth.
- It contains whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate and these two are considered as two of the best digestive products.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- Contains digestive enzymes.
- Gluten free.
- No artificial colour or dye.
- Can reduce water retention.
- The taste of this product is not so great.
- This product is ideal for muscle gain and recovery.
- Proper intake of this product can help you in reaching the required amount of protein.
- It contains 258 calories, 11 grams of fats, 28 grams of carbs and 19 grams of protein per servings.
- Best product for healing your muscles with the age growth.
- Contains 100% whey protein isolate which is the best digestive enzyme.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- It has no sealing inside the cap.
Types of Protein Powder
There are mainly 5 types of protein powders
- Casein Protein Powder
- Egg Protein Powder
- Rice Protein Powder
- Soy Protein Powder
- Whey Protein Powder
1.Casein Protein Powder
Casein is a type of protein that is commonly found in the milk of mammals. In fact 80% of the proteins found in cow milk are casein. It has a number of different uses ranging from glue to paint, but is also commonly used in protein powders and supplements.
Casein protein releases into the body slowly to continue to feed the body over a longer period of time than other forms of protein. It is able to do this because the casein molecule holds the protein together in the stomach, and causes it to break down at a slower rate of speed.
In fact, some studies have even shown that it could take as long as 7 hours to fully break down. This is good because it continues to feed your muscles continuously over time, whereas a typical whey protein would be broken down fairly quickly.
What Can It Be Used For?
Typically, casein has been known as the “overnight” protein. Meaning that you take it before you go to bed, and it slowly releases overnight, causing you metabolism to stay active. However, recently studies have shown that it is a great post workout option combined with whey or another type of protein. A typical serving or dose usually contains anywhere from 20-25g of protein, which is great for post workout or before bed.
What are Some of the More Popular Casein Proteins?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein
- GNC Pro Performance 100% Casein Protein
- CytoSport Casein Complete Protein
- Dymatize Elite Casein Protein
- Champion Nutrition Pure Casein
These are some of the most popular selling brands, so if you think you might be in the market for some casein protein starting with these would be a good way to go.
2.Egg Protein Powder
Just about everybody remembers the scene from Rocky, where Rocky Balboa drinks the raw eggs. Presumably, he was trying to get a hefty dose of protein, because eggs are a great source. Lucky for us, we don’t drink raw eggs if we don’t want to, we have the option of egg protein powder.
Eggs are one of the best foods for essential proteins and amino acids,they are also easily absorbed into the body and muscles. This makes egg protein a great supplement for muscle building and recovery. The great thing about egg protein in powder form is that one serving is like getting the amount of protein from multiple servings of eggs.
What are Some of the Benefits of Egg Protein Powder?
As we mentioned eggs are packed full of protein and amino acids, but there are other advantages to egg protein powder.
- The powder is a much safer way to harness the power of eggs. Typically eggs are high in cholesterol and fat, but by using a powder you are able to get the good stuff with out the bad.
- Egg protein powders can be a great alternative if you have issues with dairy products, since a lot of other proteins are derived from milk .
- Just like every other protein powder, it is much more convenient to use. It is a lot easier to mix up a shake, than it is to cook a bunch of eggs and eat them at once, or transport them around.
What Are Some of the More Popular Egg Protein Powders?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Egg Protein
- NOW Foods Eggwhite Protein
- Jay Robb Egg White Protein
- Healthy ‘n Fit 100% Egg Protein
If you are looking to try an egg protein powder you may want to start with one of these, as they are fairly popular.
3.Rice Protein Powder
You may not know, but rice can also be used as a protein source. In fact, there are quite a few protein powders that are derived from rice. Most of these rice protein powders are typically made from brown rice, and can be really great for people suffering from certain allergies such as lactose.
Most people typically think of rice as more of a carbohydrate, but it also contains the essential amino acids that make proteins. Using a special technique, the amino acids can be separated from the carbohydrates, and that is how we end up with rice protein.
What Are Some Advantages of Rice Protein?
Well, as we mentioned rice protein is great if you you have allergies that would prevent you from using other types of protein. Whey protein is the most popular type, but it is derived from dairy, so if you are allergic to dairy or don’t eat it then it’s not an option.
This is where something like a rice protein is really great. It is also gluten free, so if someone suffers from celiac disease or just does not eat gluten , then rice protein is a very good option. Another advantage is that it is fairly easy to digest, which means the protein will reach your muscles in a timely manner.
How Should I Take It?
You will find rice protein most commonly in powder form, so it should easily mix with your favorite beverage. Most people usually mix it with water, or juice. If milk does not bother you, you could also use it just fine, but because most people using rice protein do not drink milk it is probably not often done.
Another option would be to mix in your favorite food. People often do this because you get the additional protein, without really knowing you are ingesting it. If you do not like the taste of the rice protein, then this may the best option for you, or it might be possible to mask the taste with a smoothie or something similar.
How Much Protein Can I Get From Rice?
Most rice protein powders contain anywhere from 10 to 20 grams of protein per serving. This is typically a little lower than other forms of protein including whey, but you can adjust the amount of servings based on how much protein you want to consume.
What Are Some of the Most Popular Rice Protein Powder?
- Nutribiotic Rice Protein Vegan
- Source Naturals Brown Rice Protein
- Nutribiotic Rice Protein
- Jarrow Formulas Brown Rice Protein
If you think you might like to try out rice protein you may want to give one of these a try, and see how you like them.
4.Soy Protein Powder
Protein may not be the first thought that pops into your head when you hear soy, but it can actually be a great source of protein. In fact, there are actually a wide range of protein powders and other protein products that are currently on the market, some of which have become quite popular.
One of the main reasons that these soy based products have become so popular is because they are a great alternative to protein products that are derived from milk or other animal sources. If you browse through different protein powders you will absolutely notice that a large portion are made from dairy products. This can be a major issue for a person that is lactose intolerant, vegetarian, vegan, or just does not like some of the more traditional options.
Soy protein is made from protein that is isolated from the soybean. Besides being used in protein powder and other protein specific products it is also widely used in a number of different types of foods including; cheeses, soups, dressings, breads, pet foods and many others. Considering the many things that it is in, you have probably already consumed it without even knowing.
What are the Benefits of Soy Protein?
There are a number of benefits that make Soy Protien a great choice, some of them include;
- Soy protein contains all the essential amino acids that your body needs, it is considered to be a complete protein just like meats are. It is actually one of the few vegetable based complete proteins
- As we already mentioned, it is a great alternative for someone that cannot or does not want to consume animal based protein.
- Soy protein is easily digestible, which means your body will be able to quickly reap its benefits.
- Soy Proteins are often lower in fat and carbohydrates than other forms of protein. This can really be helpful if you are trying to slim down.
What Are Some of the Most Popular Soy Protein Powder?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Soy Protein, Vanilla Bean
- Genisoy Soy Protein Natural Powder, 16-Ounce Canister
- Genisoy Soy Protein Shake, Vanilla Protein Shake, 22.2-Ounce Canister
- Genisoy Soy Protein Shake, Strawberry Banana Protein Shake, 22.2-Ounce Canister
- Naturade 100% Soy, 14.8 Oz.
Eventhough the powders tend to be some of the bestsellers there are some great soy protein powder bars, which can be great if you are in a hurry, and need something quick .
As far as taste of soy protein, that is really going to be your personal preference. You will find some people that say they love the taste of it while others say it is the worst thing they have ever had. However, if you do decide to purchase a soy product you may want to start with a smaller quantity just to see how it tastes.
You might need to try a few different flavors, or mixing beverages til you find a combination that you enjoy, or you might taste if and decide that it is not for you. Either way, going with a smaller initial purchase would probably be a good idea.
5.Whey Protein Powder
Whey protein is a type of protein that is formed during the process of turning milk into cheese. It is the most common and definitely most popular type of protein supplement. It is most commonly found in powder form, which makes it very easy to use.
Imagine you just finish a great workout and you need protein to help your muscles rebuild. Would you rather be carrying a steak in your gym bag, or some whey protein and a shaker? As you can see this ease of use and portability make it a very attractive option.
What Can it be Used For?
Whey is one of the most popular types of protein for people looking to grow muscle mass. The reason it is such a good after workout protein is because it is ingested into the body very quickly. After a workout the muscles are broken down, and are in need of protein.
They whey gets to the muscles extremely fast, which in turn aids the muscle building process. They protein causes an increase in amino acids in the blood stream which are then absorbed by muscles, and it in recovery and building mass. As you can imagine this is a lot more efficient, and more quickly absorbed than say eating a chicken breast, or some other whole food.
Even if you are looking to loose a few pounds it can help you out. Diets high in protein have been shown to be effective in losing weight. A protein shake can also be a great way to control your diet and handle cravings. They usually come in a wide variety of flavors, so no matter your craving you will be sure to fill it.
In addition, some research has also shown that whey protein can help keep your immune system healthy and strong.
Different Forms of Whey Protein
The two most common forms of whey proteins that you will find on the market are isolates and concentrates.
- Concentrate – Concentrates usually contain from anywhere between 30%-89% protein. Whatever the exact percentage of protein is, the rest is usually made of fat and lactose. The exact breakdown of fat and lactose will depend on the exact type of protein.
- Isolate – Isolate is actually the more pure and concentrated form of whey protein. Isolates are composed of 90% or more of pure protein, and very little else. Some of the rest of the 10% could be made up of fat and lactose. They have been specifically processed to offer one of the highest protein by volume you can get.
Are There Any Dangers or Side Effects to Using Whey Protein?
One of the most common side effects that people experience when using whey are related to the fact that they suffer from allergies to dairy products. If you are allergic, or think you might have an allergic reaction to dairy products you should consult a physician before using any whey products.
What Are Some of the Most Popular Whey Proteins?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
- Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey
- Twinlab 100% Whey Protein Fuel
- Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein Powder
- EAS 100% Whey Protein
- Jay Robb Whey Protein Isolate
- Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein
How To Choose The Best Protein Powder For You?
Protein powder is an important factor in your body-building and your weight loss program. Choosing the right protein can help you get quicker results and stay on track with your training.
Here are the 5 tricks that will help you choose the right protein powder for you:
1) Use Reliable Stores:
Begin your search at respectable big retailer who offers all the best makes and has competitive prices. This is how you’ll save money and get to the broadest selection of choices.
2) Choose the Protein Powder Type:
Decide what sort protein best works for you, or at least, get a good clue on the distinctions between the 4 most frequent varieties.
- Whey Protein
- Soy Protein
- Rice Protein
- Egg Protein
- Casein Protein
Protein powders can contain one kind of protein or can be a mix of kinds. Blends are turning into more and more common but 100% whey proteins are still the most popular overall. If you’re not an athlete or focused on body-building, then don’t go crazy over this part, any protein powder nutrition will give you beneficial results.
4) How Will You Use Your Protein Powders:
Based on the principal reason why and what you want to use in your protein powder nutrition (protein supplement or meal re-placer) determine if you need a protein-only solution or you want other ingredients in your protein – for example: should you want to use the whey protein powder as meal re-placer, a good choice is to search also for vitamins, minerals, carbs and fats for a complete nutrition product.
5) Brands and Flavors for your Powders and Shakes:
Brands are important, but they are not “alone” in the decision making process. Basically, as long as you discover what sort of protein powder you need and what components you want in, you can choose any brand. A good strategy is to test a couple of brands, then settle for the one that you prefer.
As for flavors – choose the flavors you enjoy the most and rotate them with each purchase. This will help you stick to your diet for long term and will ease your bodybuilding/dieting road to success.
Always look at the labels for sweeteners (aspartame or fructose are not your best friends), and be careful to things like serving size and protein content. Search the highest protein content per serving, taking into balance variations in serving size.
6) Quality of Protein
The quality of protein in your protein powder is crucial. While some companies use high quality protein, others use subpar protein that will leave you with cramps, flatulence, and gastro-intestinal bloating.
The quality of your protein will depend on the following factors: amino acid profile, protein yield, filler percentage, WPI:WPC ratio, mixability, ease of use, and digestibility.
7) Protein Yield
You cannot have a protein powder that is completely protein, but you should buy one that gives you a good yield of protein.
We would advise you to go with a protein powder that has 70%+ protein yield. This means that at least 70% of the total protein powder mass is protein. You can calculate the yield with the following formula: grams of protein per serving x 100/ serving size in grams.
8) Amino Acid Profile
The two classifications of amino acids present in your protein powder are BCAAs and EAAs- branched and essential amino acids. These important amino acids should be in good concentration in your protein powder.
9) Filler Percentage
Filler refers to all ingredients that are not protein or amino acids. The protein powder that you choose should be filtered, to minimize the percentage of filler that is present. E.g. a 0.02% filler percentage is perfect.
10) Final Verdict
Use the top 10 list and buying guide above to choose your final protein powder. All the choices given above are of high quality, and they all contain premium protein that will stimulate your lean muscle growth. Good luck to you on this journey!
Benefits of Protein Powders ?
For a person with a slim body built, gaining some weight and a having big muscles would be a problem. If you happen to be one of these people who have an extraordinarily fast rate of metabolism that you can’t gain much weight even if you are eating a lot, you need to look for other alternatives that can help you have a bigger body built.
One of the means that you can try so that you can have bigger muscles would be by taking protein powder supplement.It is already a fact that protein is one of the important nutrients that our body needs to develop muscles. Eating protein rich foods can be great for a body most especially if you want to have big muscles.
Your diet can contain meat products, eggs, peanuts, cheese, and milk, for these are the common foods that are high in protein. However, the problem for some people is that even if they eat these foods and even if they have a high intake of these foods, they still don’t get the body that they want to have.
Worse, what happens is that too much intake of these foods can even lead to some health risks like high blood pressure and heart attack. These can even make the body’s fat percentage to be higher than before most particularly if the person is not into any exercise.
If you want to avoid these health risks from too much consumption of foods that are rich in protein, you can try protein powder supplement so that you can have a richer source of protein other than these foods.
What is this protein supplement? This is not like any food that is rich in protein, for this is just like a powder drink that you can prepare. A protein supplement is usually in powder form, and this comes in different flavors.
You can consume this one by drinking a glass of this after a meal, and you can be guaranteed that you will be getting a huge amount of protein that is equivalent to eating three eggs without having the hazards of consuming any fats or cholesterol.
This is very easy to prepare that it won’t take a lengthy process just for you to take the protein that you need from this supplement. Basically, it’s just like drinking a huge serving a protein rich drink without fats or any other ingredients that would harm your body. After taking this supplement for about a couple of weeks, you can already feel that your body muscles are starting to get bigger than before.
With a protein powder supplement, you wouldn’t have to worry about coming up with a protein rich diet just to satisfy your body’s protein needs because this supplement already has enough protein content for a better body. You can try one now, and feel the difference that this can make to you, and you can already bid farewell to your slim physique in just a matter of weeks.
So, these were few of the protein products that one can give a try if they want to lose some weight or for the purpose of muscle gain. Each and every feature of the products is given so that the customer does not face any issue in buying them.