The Food Processor has provided the modern day home chef with the ability to transform basic healthy food ingredients into a wide variety of delicious meals, drinks and side dishes.
Whether your recipe is for an appetizer, a main, a dessert, side-dish or healthy drink, food processor and blenders will provide you with innovative, healthy and tasty meals and drinks in next to no time. Knead, chop, blend, slice, mince, dice, puree, grate and shred your way to quick and healthy homemade recipes.
- 1 Top 8 Food Processors in India – 2019
- 1.0.1 1. Inalsa INOX food processor
- 1.0.2 2. Singer Foodista supreme 1000 watts food processor
- 1.0.3 3. Philips Food processor HL1661 700Watts
- 1.0.4 4. Morphy Richards Icon Superb 1000- Watt food processor
- 1.0.5 5.Philips HL1660 Food Processor
- 1.0.6 6. Philips Daily Collection HR7629/90 650 watt
- 1.0.7 7. Preethi Zion MG-227 750 watt mixer grinder
- 1.0.8 8. Philips Daily Collection HR7627/00 650 Watt
- 2 What to Look For Before Buying Food Processors?
Top 8 Food Processors in India – 2019
If we talk about the kitchen appliances, then a food processor could be said to be one of the best amongst all. This makes our work very easy. Here is a list of top 8 food processors for those who do not have one in their kitchen.
1. Inalsa INOX food processor
The Inalsa INOX food processor is manufactured by Insala which has an experience of 30 years in this field. They have made great use of this experience in the making of this product and it could be seen in its amazing features.
- The first thing that one will notice in this particular food processor is its designing. The design of this device is so good that you will become a fan of it in the first view only. The processor consists of 3 units that could be easily used to serve 5 purposes.
- In the previous point only, we talked about the number of units in the food processor. Let us now talk about the works that could be served with the help ofthese units. With the help of the grinding jar, you could grind the dry spices very easily. Along with that, you get a chutney grinder with it, which is actually a transparent jar. The blender jar of the processor is again transparent, which could be used for making delicious shakes.
- There are different types of blades available in this food processor that is used for doing different types of works. If we start naming them, then there is a kneading blade, chopping blade, Shredding disc blade, liquidizing blade, fries blade, etc. with the name of each blade, the purpose is clear.
- If we talk about the whole unit, then the customers will get a food processor, instruction manual which is actually the warranty card also and the list of the service centers of this product.
- Multipurpose jars
- 2 years warranty, straight away
- Heat protective technology
- The quality of the material that is used for making the jars is not sturdy.
2. Singer Foodista supreme 1000 watts food processor
This one is coming straight from the house of Singer, which is actually an expert in this field. The food processor has a lot of amazing features in it that will make you fall in love with it. Here is a quick sneak peek about it.
- One thing that will make you fall for it is its appearance and versatility. The reason for which we have merged these two features in a single point is that the versatility of this particular processor could be felt right from the moment you see it. It comes with a whisker, slicer, chopper, kneader, grater, shredder and many other things.
- The whole body of the food processor is made up of steel and the finish of the processor is done in such a way that it gives it a very decent look.
- With this food processor, you get a motor of 1000w which is actually 3 times more powerful than the normal motor.
- If we are going to count the attachments of this food processor, then it 12 in numbers, which means that you could perform 12 functions altogether.
- Amazing design
- Decent look
- The frame is made up of well- finished steel
- One could perform 12 functions with the different attachments available.
- The company gets a lot of complaints regarding the durability of the product.
3. Philips Food processor HL1661 700Watts
Phillips is one such company that has made a special place in the hearts of a lot of people. Be it any type of electrical appliances, Philips knows to impress its customers. When you will look at the features of this food processor, you will feel the same.
- The motor of the food processor is of 700 watts, which is said to be one of the most efficient motors and good for the overall performances in devices like this.
- The blending jar that you are getting in this unit is leak proof, which means that there is no way of the formation of a hole in this jar.
- For more advanced chopping experience, the food processor has got the PowerChop technology. The technology is dependent on the blade shape, cutting angle and the bowl that is there inside the jar. All of them together contribute to give very advanced chopping results.
- It takes a minimum of the space
- The regulator is designed in such a way that one could easily control the speed of it.
- It could be easily cleaned in a dishwasher
- Quality of the material is not so good.
4. Morphy Richards Icon Superb 1000- Watt food processor
The companies that we have talked about in the previous points are the one that deals in electric appliances in general, but Morphy Richards is that one company which is focused on the making of these types of food processors. One will get to know about the benefits of this processor once, they will read the features written below.
- This processor has got 7 jars and the blades used in them are 6 in number. All of them are very different from each other and they serve different purposes too.
- There are a lot of attachments and tools available in this processor. They all are 11 in number. The names of these attachments are spindle, spindle extension, kneading blade holder, 2-1 pusher, bowl lid, etc.
- Kneading blade, chopping blade, shredding blade, slicing blade, liquidizing blade, multifunction blade, chutney blade, and fries blade are the types of blades, available in this processor.
- The processor has a 1000 watts motor which gives the speed, three times more than the normal motor.
- It could be used to serve 16 different functions
- There are 7 jars in total and 6 different types of blades
- There could be a defect in the motor after a few usages.
5.Philips HL1660 Food Processor
One needs no information about the brand from which this processor comes. The exact idea of the working of this particular processor could be gained, once you read the features in the section below.
- The best part about this processor is that it is very compact in design. The benefit of this compactness is that it could be fitted in any space.
- It comes with PowerChop technology. This technology enables users to do the chopping job in a very advanced way.
- One could do a lot of speed settings with the regulator of this device. When you get so much of control with the speed, your job actually becomes very easy.
- When the customer receives the product, it is not in the assembled position. However, the assembly of the product is very easy.
- The material used for the manufacturing of the product is of a high standard. The plastic used is food-grade and the jars are made of stainless steel.
- The material quality of the product is very good
- Discs are inserted inside the processor in order to perform a different function
- The sturdy base enables it to stand stable
- The processes may take a lot of time in completion
6. Philips Daily Collection HR7629/90 650 watt
This one is again from the master company, which makes it a very cost efficient product. Its features will make you fall in love with the product.
- To give the customers, the maximum control, the device has got speed settings.
- In comparison to the other processors, this one has 40% larger feeding tubes
- The machine has got a blender, but it’s unique and different because it whips the egg and the cream very nicely and smoothly.
- The device has got a 650-watt motor, which gives very powerful processing.
- It comes with a PowerChop technology
- Unique blender
- Feeding tubes are larger than any other processor
- Things like chutney making are not possible with this machine
7. Preethi Zion MG-227 750 watt mixer grinder
Preethi has established itself as a good brand until now. You will be amazed by the performance of the products that are manufactured by them. Let us look at the features of this particular product, in order to know more about it.
- The biggest thing about this product that will impress you the most is that it has passed more than 215 quality tests and then has been approved.
- If you are having this food processor at your home, a lot of different machines could be removed from your kitchen.
- Be it atta kneading, chopping, blending, mixing, etc. it is perfect for each of these activities.
- The motor of this machine is of 750 watts.
- This machine does not require any installation
- Completes all the activities in very less time
- The jars are not leak proof
8. Philips Daily Collection HR7627/00 650 Watt
The last one in this list is also coming from Philips. This could be called the best friend of a homemaker and you will realize it after looking at its features.
- For the superior chopping, the company has lashed it with PowerChop technology
- You could actually make a lot of dishes with the help of this food processor
- The jars contain discs for higher performance and they are made from stainless steel.
- Assembly is easy
- 650 watts motor
- The material used for making the jar is not the best.
All the options listed above are the best for kitchen uses. One could get any of them according to their convenience.
What to Look For Before Buying Food Processors?
There are a wide variety of makes and models of food processors to choose from depending upon the tasks you want to perform and the budget at your disposal. Philips and Bajaj Sontheimer are the founding fathers of food processor technology and are still one of the leading manufacturers in the marketplace today.
Morphy Richards, Inalsa and Usha are just some of the reputable manufacturers you will come across as you do your buying research. Before making a buying decision think about the following factors:
The Bowl Size
The bowl size, measured in cups, determines the amount of food that a processor can cater for. Processors can range from between 1 to 20 cups. Appliances in the 1 to 4 cup size are mini-choppers and cater for really small processing tasks whilst anything above 5 can cater for much larger jobs and larger families.
Appliances will come in a variety of speeds with very basic hand blenders operating at under 200 watts to the larger workhorse appliances working at around 1000 watts. Look out for noise reduction features especially if you are intending buying a food processor above 600 watts.
The right food processors are the easiest ones to use. Try to find a video which will give you a sense of how simple the machine is to operate. Basic functions are on, off and pulse buttons. The higher quality machines also come with variable speed options.
Many of the food processor components will separate from the main motor housing to enable the accessory parts to be interchangeable. This also has the advantage of making then easier to clean. Keep an eye out for ease of cleaning whether that means just a quick wipe down with a damp cloth or the parts are dishwasher friendly.
Food processors can fulfill many different tasks and as you look around at the different models you will be amazed at the range of time saving functions that they can perform.
The downside of this is that specific tasks can often require a specific blade and will need to be installed to perform that function. Watch the product videos to get a a feel for how easy it is to swap out the accessory blades and cutting discs.
Because appliances come with so many add-ons, look and see how these accessories can be stored when the processor is not in use. Many of the higher quality machines provide holding units which makes for easier storage of the parts.
Those Little Extras
Keep an eye out to see if the product ships with food processor recipe guides or even an instructional DVD. Some machines also double up as blenders and juicers and can save you the bother of buying two separate appliances.
Think about where you are going to put your food processor in your kitchen. Will it sit on a counter-top or will you store it away in a store cupboard? Appliances come in all shapes, weights and dimensions.
Do you need to lift and move it or will it sit in one spot and never move. Some machines can also be fairly high so check to see if it can also sit under your kitchen cupboards when not in use.
The saying “You get what you pay for” is just as relevant when buying a food processors or blender. Prices start at around 3000 to 5000 for small one task processors and can go up to over 10,000 for the better food processors.
If its a professional blender then prices can go as high as 15000. With the more expensive products check the customer reviews and look for high quality components and good warranty on parts.
Last but by no means least is style. Food processors can be a standout in your kitchen. Modern designs, finishes and colors ensure there is a product out their for every kitchen. Whether its a clean white and clear perspex look or a vibrant cherry red classic, there is a design out there to suit everyone.
Advantages of Using a Food Processor
- Basic food ingredients can be easily sliced, diced and chopped
- The pulse action allows for the chopping of dry ingredients. Great for making breadcrumbs.
- Fruits and vegetables can be easily pureed into sauces, dips, marinades and even soup
- Use it as a meat grinder
- Finely chop nuts for desserts
- Make home made mayonnaise and vinaigrette
- Kneads for pasta and noodles dough
- Great for pureeing food for babies and small children
- Easily juices fruit and vegetables to make healthy smoothies and milkshakes
- Grates a whole block of cheese in seconds
- Grind up whole grains to make your own flour
- Turns granulated sugar into powdered sugar
To summarize, this guide has shown you how to find the best processor for you. We talked about what features to look for, what the well known brands are, and what you need to consider when buying. Now that you have finished reading this guide, you should have a better idea about which food processor you should buy.